The digital revolution has impacted almost every aspect of our life, education being a very important component of it. Technology has revolutionised the way education can be delivered by educational institutions and accessed by students.
There are several reasons why eLearning is good for students. Here are a few:
- One can learn anytime, anywhere. Even from your mobile phones.
- Travel costs are reduced.
- Learning materials can be accessed any number of times.
- Can learn at your comfort.
- Improved capability due to learning resulting from many other sources.
- Helps in retaining information for a longer time.
- Is cost effective. Compare the costs of eLearning courses to the traditional programmes.
- Access to updated content.
- Environmentally friendly. No chalk, print outs.
- Can be fun. Unlike the ‘chalk and talk’ method in class.
- Enables collaborative learning.
- Cultivate social capital. One can interact and learn from the best resource.
- Consistency: All learners receive same type of learning content.
- Is interactive.